Alaska Defensive Driving Benefits
Sign up for Alaska Online Defensive Driving and receive the following benefits:
- All materials needed are on the Internet…. Register now…. Start immediately!
- Multiple choice questions
- Do the course in sections….go on and off line many times
- Website available 24 hours a day…. 7 days a week
- Retake for FREE if you don’t pass
- Live phone personnel available for registration or questions during business hours
- New to the Internet? FREE phone and email support
- Senior, Veteran, Student and Military Discounts!
Attending a defensive driving course will help you maintain your driving privilege by preventing points from spoiling your driving record. Alaska has a law aimed squarely at accident prevention through the identification, control and rehabilitation of recognized problem drivers. It works this way:
- A numeric point value from two to ten points is assigned for each conviction of a moving traffic violation.
- Those violations contributing to greater accident potential carry higher point values.
- Upon the acquisition of a determined number of points, the violator will be notified and warned to take a hard look at his or her driving habits.
- Additional point accumulations may require a personal interview with a Driver Improvement Specialist. A driver appearing for the interview may be required to comply with certain recommendations designed to improve his driving abilities.
- Credit may be earned for violation-free driving, and/or completion of a driver improvement course. The successful completion of an approved course within 12 months of the date of the driver’s last violation allows a driver to receive a two-point reduction. No more than one course may be used to obtain a reduction in points in any 12-month period.
- The accumulation of 12 points in 12 months or 18 points in 24 months requires the mandatory suspension or revocation of the driving privilege, regardless of the hardships involved.
- No limited license is available should suspension or revocation of the driving privilege be required. If you are convicted of, or forfeit bail, for a moving traffic violation occurring in this, or another jurisdiction, points will be assessed on your Alaska driving record in accordance with the Alaska point accumulation and is based on the following schedule.
So sign up now and enjoy the many benefits of Alaska Online Defensive Driving!Register Now